Essay Assessment Assignment
General Information and Instructions:
The purpose of this assignment is to use different historical methods you have learned about during this course to complete a historical research project. Your research project should start with your developing a historical question, that you then research, and then attempt to answer using both primary and secondary sources to support your research.
How to proceed:
1. Select one of the essay topics below in the Essay Options section. There are a total of four possible research options, please read each one to decide which you feel you would like to pursue.
2. Create your specific historical question within the broader essay topic you select.
3. The examples under each essay option are by no means the only topics that you can write about, they are merely provided to help you think about how you might approach this topic. You should select your own topic, however you can choose one of the examples.
4. Begin researching primary and secondary sources to gather information that support your discussion of your historical question.
5. Review the paper requirements for both the research portion and the writing portion of your assignment.
6. Review the grading rubric to ensure that you have met all of the paper requirements before making your submission.
Essay Options (selectÂ oneÂ of the following options):
Research Option #1:Â History Turning Points
General Overview:Â Select an event, incident, a legislative action, or related marked historical moment in the years up until the American Civil War (Pre-Columbian Era to 1865), that marks an important transition in American History. Â This historical event can lead to a social, economic, or political transition that shaped the country’s history. Â Additionally, you will conclude this research project with a supposition of how history might have been shaped had this event never occurred or of another possible outcome could have been possible.
Examples:Â The effect of the Salem Witchcraft Trials on the colonial religious goals of Massachusetts; The post-French & Indian War colonial taxation policies of the British government; The failure of the indentured servitude system to provide an ample labor source in theÂ pre-Revolutionary American South; The passing of the Kansas-Nebraska Act & its relationship the impending crisis that becomes the American Civil War.
Research Objectives & Questions to be Discussed in Your Essay:Â (Incorporate these questions in the writing of your essay.)
Â· Why did you select this event?
Â· What were both the short- and long-term effects of this historical event?
Â· Who all were impacted/affected by this historical event?
Â· How was history changed by this event?
Â· If you were to imagine a different outcome or reaction to your event, what do you suppose might have been a different outcome in the short- and long-term?
Research Option #2:Â Oral History and Historical Memory
General Overview:Â You will read two historical personal account in relation to life in the past or tied to a specific historical event. Â Then your research will compare these personal accounts with the “factual” or “documented” history of the era, the proceed to compare the personal account against the historical record; and then analyze the value of oral history in enriching our understanding the historical period/event.
Examples:Â The testimonies of Paul Revere and Gen. Thomas Gage on the Battles of Lexington and Concord; Diaries of factory workers in Lowell, Massachusetts; Journals of migrants moving westward on the Oregon and/or Overland Trails; Narratives of slaves and their experiences, etc.
Research Objectives & Questions to be Discussed in Your Essay:
Â· What was the personal background of the two individuals you chose?
Â· How are the individuals specifically tied to the specific historical event?
Â· What are the similarities and differences in the accounts of the individuals?
Â· What elements in their narratives do you feel influenced (if it applies) they way we teach/learn that history today?
Â· How do you feel personal accounts either enhance or possibly detract from our understanding of the historical past?
Research Option #3:Â Impacts of Colonization
General Overview:Â This research project will examine the impact of exploration, movement, and colonization in the Atlantic world from a social, economic, technological, and/or political perspective. Â One aspect of the impact should be evaluated and traced over at least a century of activity. Â In conclusion, this research project will analyze theÂ remnant of that impact that can still be evidenced today in the Americas, Africa, Caribbean, and/or Europe.
Examples:Â The development of new international law in relation to discoveries of European nations; The environmental or cultural impact of European or American commoditiesÂ moved across the Atlantic (potatoes, sugar, grain crops, etc); The migration of different groups in the New World in specific places of settlement and their cultural legacy (which can include voluntary and involuntary migrants, ie: slaves, colonizers from differing nations, etc).
Research Objectives & Questions to be Discussed in Your Essay:
Â· What were the short- and long-term effects of the impact on various groups of people affected by your chosen topic?
Â· How did groups of people and/or societies behave prior to the impact?
Â· How were people and/or societies benefited and harmed by the impact (negative and positive outcomes)
Â· What are evidences of the legacy of this impact that can still be seen today?
Â· How do you feel is the best way we can both acknowledge/honor the history of these colonial impacts in our modern society?
Research Option #4:Â History Yesterday & Today
General Overview:Â This research project will start with the student examining a recent news story (reported within the last year) that reveals new information about the historical past, OR a recent news story that contributes to the longerÂ dialogue/history of the relationship between Africa, the Americas, and Europe. Â The goal of this essay should be to emphasize the idea that history is a continually developing story that evolves with new information, discoveries, and/or changes in political, social, and or economic conditions. Â Important note; the news story should be directly tied to an event that this course covers (pre-Columbian era to the end of the Civil War).
Examples:Â The recent discovery of a sunken slave ship off the coast of South Africa with slaves from the east coast of Africa; The discovery of the time capsule found in a building in Boston; The issues of epidemic diseases such as Ebola, and the way epidemic diseases affected communities in the past.
Research Objectives & Questions to be Discussed in Your Essay:
Â· What is the topic of the news story, and what does the reporter highlight as the current historical significance?
Â· What is the historical context of the news story? What does it specifically relate to?
Â· How does the news story either add new information, expand, and/or change what we know about the historical past?
Â· In your assessment, should this story/discovery/research fundamentally change the way in which we teach history of this event/period?
Â· Overall, using your news story as an example, how do recent events and discoveries illustrate that history is a dynamic and evolving study?
1. You will need to useÂ at leastÂ two (2) primary sources for your research topic. (See below for definitions of a primary source)
2. You will need to useÂ at leastÂ three (3) secondary sources for your research topic. (See below for definitions of a secondary source). Preference is for academic articles found in scholarly journals. Online sourcesÂ mustÂ be pre-approved by your instructor before use within your paper.
3. Your textbookÂ cannotÂ be used as a source, as it is a tertiary source.
4. You will also need to findÂ at least oneÂ image that is relevant to your research topic. This image can be either a primary or secondary source, although a primary source image is preferred.
5. If you are using a secondary source image, it should be an image that is created for academic purposes to help support your research (a modern map, etc).
1. Your essay should be a minimum of 1000 words. This word count does not include any cover sheet wording, your footnotes/endnotes, or your works cited/bibliography page.
2. Your essay must be formatted using 1â€ margins for all margins (top, bottom, left and right).
3. Your essay should be typed using 12pt. Times New Roman font.
4. Your essay needs to be double-spaced.
5. Please do not include any headers (your name, course, date, paper title) on any written pages of your essay.
6. Your research essay should be accompanied by a cover sheet that states your paper title, your name, your course, and date.
7. All of your sources should be cited using the Chicago/Turabian method. MLA will not be accepted!
8. You must cite your sources using either footnotes or endnotes formatted in the Chicago/Turabian citation method. Please select either footnotes or endnotes based upon personal preference, just remember to be consistent throughout your essay with your citation method. Parenthetical reference is not permitted.
9. If possible, you will want to try to incorporate your image into your essay by embedding it into the text. Otherwise, placing the image at the end of your document is acceptable (after the conclusion and before your Works Cited/Bibliography page).
10. Your image should include a caption that describes the image and its relevance to your topic, this caption to your image should be at least 150 words. This word count does not count toward the overall word count of your essay.
11. You must include a Works Cited/Bibliography page at the end of the document. Be sure you are documenting all sources used for your research paper, including your image source in this section. There should be agreement between the sources you document in this section and the sources you cite in your footnotes/endnotes.
Â·Â FormattingÂ 0-20 points: Paper is formatted correctly, does not include headers in written text, nor utilizes excessively large margins, paper is double-spaced and demonstrates clear organization in the form of paragraph breaks.
Â·Â ImageÂ 0-5 points: Paper includes at least one appropriate image relevant to the research topic, and the image is properly captioned explaining its relevance to the essay.
Â·Â Academic Honesty & IntegrityÂ 0-25 points: Paper is properly cited using either footnotes or endnotes. Includes a properly formatted Works Cited/Bibliography. Demonstrates agreement between documented sources and citations in the essay text.
Â·Â Essay ContentÂ 0-50 points: Paper content is well-written, organized, has a strong introduction with a clear thesis statement, and is concluded with a summarization of research findings. Paper shows editing, lacking excessive spelling and grammatical errors.
Sources (Types and Recommendations):
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.