Unlimited Attempts AllowedDetails
In this running exercise, we will go through the steps to create and process a new case in Axiom.
â–¶ LabÂ Resources
Please refer to the following reading material to assist you with completing the lab:
Case Creation and Processing in Axiom
Lab Instructions for Axiom: Full Case process
â–¶ LabÂ Tasks: Follow all the steps to complete the lab
- Create a folder on your desktop named â€œJustine_Beaufortâ€
- OpenÂ AXIOMÂ Process from the icon on the Desktop and click to Create New Case. If you are prompted to turn off antivirus, do so.
- Case number: 01_ JustineBeaufortCase.
- Case type: Major Crimes
- LOCATION FOR CASE FILES
- Folder name â€“ Leave the default folder name.
- File path â€“ This is the location where we want AXIOM to save all of our case files. Browse to the folder â€œJustine_Beaufortâ€ on your desktop and click â€œSelect Folder.â€
- LOCATION FOR ACQUIRED EVIDENCE
- Folder Name â€“ Leave this the default name.
- File Path â€“ This is the location where we want AXIOM to save any image files that it creates during processing. Browse to the folder â€œJustine_Beaufortâ€ on your desktop and click â€œSelect Folder.â€
- SCAN INFORMATION
- Scanned by â€“ Enter your name.
- Description â€“ Enter a description of the item. For this case, our first item of evidence is a computer hard drive. The description of the drive is, â€œWD hard drive of suspect, Justine Beaufort.â€
- Press the â€œGo to Evidence Sourcesâ€ button.
- SELECT EVIDENCE SOURCE: Computer
- LOAD OR ACQUIRE: Load Evidence.
- SELECT EVIDENCE SOURCE:Â Image. Browse on your desktop to the folder â€œLab Filesâ€ then select it. You will see all of the evidence folders for the different labs. Select the folder Lab â€“ Full Case Process and Lab-Chat Image Files. Then select JustineBeaufort.E01(Remember if you have multiple E01â€™s from the same case, always point to the first one to read them all), select the image, and click Open.
- Make sure all the partitions are selected, then press NEXT.
- SELECT SEARCH TYPE: Partition 1 â€“ Full. Unpartitioned space â€“ Unpartitioned space. Click NEXT.
- EVIDENCE SOURCES ADDED TO CASE: Click on the name listed on the evidence. We want to rename it so that it is more descriptive. Rename each one, â€œItem 1: WD hard drive of suspectâ€. Once you type the new name, click SAVE to save the changes.
- Click GO TO PROCESSING DETAILS
- ADD KEYWORDS TO SEARCH
- Add the keyword list name owlKeywords.txt(Located in the Justine_Beaufort Folder). All of the keywords are then populated in the Keywords box.
- ClickÂ GO TO SEARCH ARCHIVES AND MOBILE BACKUPS
- Ensure that Search Archives and Search Mobile Backups are checked. When AXIOM finds any type of archive file (.zip, .tar, etc.), it will extract the data. If AXIOM finds a mobile backup, it will extract all of the data and process it using the Mobile Artifacts.
- ClickÂ GO TO CALCULATE HASH VALUES
- Ensure that the checkbox to calculate hash values is checked.
- IGNORE NON-RELEVANT FILES: Ensure that all three hash set lists are checked (if the non-relevant hash sets are loaded).
- ClickÂ GO TO CATEGORIZE CHATS
- Note that we can categorize for Grooming/Luring and Sex-related. For this case, we do not want to check either one.
- ClickÂ GO TO CATEGORIZE PICTURES AND VIDEOS
- Note the categories for Magnet.AI. We can also load hash sets from Project Vic or our own custom hash sets. For this case, we are not selecting any of these options.
- ClickÂ GO TO ADD CPS DATA TO SEARCH
- Note that we can add a CPS export file. We will discuss this further later in the course. For this case, we are not adding a CPS export file.
- ClickÂ GO TO FIND MORE ARTIFACTS
- Ensure that the checkbox for â€œAllow AXIOM to find more artifactsâ€ isÂ UNCHECKED. We will discuss this further later in the course.
- ClickÂ GO TO ARTIFACT DETAILS
- Since we loaded an item of computer evidence, the only option available to us isÂ COMPUTER ARTIFACTS.
- ClickÂ CUSTOMIZE COMPUTER ARTIFACTS. Check all Computer Artifacts categories except for Custom Artifacts. UncheckÂ CUSTOM ARTIFACTS.
- Select the artifact category for Cloud. SelectÂ OPTIONSÂ for Dropbox. If you have known user passwords, you can enter those here. For this case, we do not have any. ClickÂ OKÂ to exit Dropbox Options.
- ClickÂ GO TO ANALYZE EVIDENCE
- This provides the user with one final review of theÂ SOURCES TO PROCESS.
- ClickÂ ANALYZE EVIDENCEÂ (Process the case, the reading material says not to, but I want you to go ahead and process this case.)
- This will open Axiom Examine in a new window and the case will process. The processing for this case takes around 5 to 6 hours. Plan Accordingly on time.
- Paste a screenshot below showing the completed and processed case dashboard with the processing results updated after finishing processing the Justin_Beaufort Hard Drive Image:
View RubricFull Case Process in Axiom RubricFull Case Process in Axiom RubricCriteriaRatingsPtsLab Task: Question 27view longer description100 ptsScreenshot fully processed and completeScreenshot shows case fully processed and completed as required.80 ptsScreenshot Correct but Not fully processedScreenshot of case, but not obvious that it was fully processed.60 ptsScreenshot Partially ProcessedScreenshot does not show that case was fully processed. So not sure if completed correctly.50 ptsScreenshot is incorrectEither Screenshot is incorrect, does not show case processed. Screenshot is of wrong item and is not helpful in determining if case was completely processed.0 ptsNo MarksNo answer, no screenshot given./ 100 ptsTotal Points: 0
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.