For this class project you will be exploring other claims made by pseudoarchaeologists about visitors to the Americas from the Old World, and the impact these might have on our understanding of the history of our continent and its peoples.
First, pick one of the possible “visitors” to the New World from the list I have provided below. These are all discussed in your textbook and can be found in the list of blogs and web pages written by archaeologists about pseudoarchaeology (see the Class Project 3 prompt for the list of links). Next, put together a brief presentation that addresses the following questions:
1. Who are the visitors this claim is referring to?
2. Who has promoted (and is promoting) this claim
3. Have these “visitors” been featured in a TV show, movie, or a “documentary”? If so, where? (please provide a link to a video or webpage)
4. What evidence has been given to support the presence of these visitors in the Americas before Columbus?
5. What have archaeologists said or done with regards to this claim (for example, have they conducted excavations, done laboratory analyses, etc.)?
6. Who do you think would be happy to see this claim be true (in other words, whose confirmation bias would this be supporting)?
7. Who do you think is harmed by this claim? Why?
List of other possible “visitors” to the Americas before Columbus:
· Saint Brendan of Ireland
· Prince Madog/Madoc of Wales
· Celts and Mystery Hill
· Vikings in America (the invisible kind) – the Newport Tower, the Kensington Runestone, the Vinland Map
· African visitors to the Americas
We confidently assure you high-quality work. We engage a number of strategies in order to guarantee top-level assignments. The projects go through a thorough system of control prior to being submitted to the customers. nerdyassignmenthelp.com guarantees that the assignments delivered are 100 percent plagiarism-free.
We never share or resell customer’s work. Therefore, once it is checked using our plagiarism software, the assignment will be original. In terms of assignment completion, we adhere to the guidelines given by you and assign the work to the most suitable writer. We assign our writers based on various factors such as academic qualification, previous customer feedback, etc.
First and foremost, we provide high-quality work. However, in case you require extra-brilliance, here is what you can do. First, select a top writer who is proficient in a certain discipline. Second, you can seek our editing services.
Our team of editors revises the assignments, checking them to ensure they comply with the standards of academic writings. Additionally, editing may entail refining the language, adding more reference material, and making sure the formatting part is properly done. The editors may also enhance papers completed by yourself in order to meet your needs.
We guarantee the following quality in our work to you:
- Properly cited scholarly sources from assigned or outside reading and research.
- No wordy, vague or poorly constructed sentences
- Clearly written and structurally sound sentences, with no grammar, spelling and/or punctuation errors.
- Assignments with proper syntax, that demonstrates mastery of the subject, and with clear organization flow.
- Strict adherence to requested citation styles (i.e. APA, MLA, HARVARD, CHICAGO/TURABIAN)
- Proper page numbering, heading, spacing and margins.
- Parenthetical citations are in the proper format, are properly punctuated and are used at appropriate points to document source material.
- Plagiarism free guaranteed work.
- Expert proofreading.
We use the following tools to crosscheck our assignments: